In 2021, as a health care organization or advisor, you are under increased pressure and scrutiny. Ensuring you understand your legal responsibilities and being able to effectively reduce and manage your legal risk has never been more critical. Now in its 11th year, OsgoodePD’s Certificate in Clinical Risk, Negligence and Claims Management in Health Care, has been specifically developed for health care professionals and their advisors to respond to these challenges
- Understanding key patient safety concepts
- Linking patient safety, risk management and the role of the risk manager
- Conducting post-incident investigations
- Dealing with adverse events including how to effectively work with the media
- Defence best practices, mitigation strategies, importance of documentation, tips & tools on evidence preservation
- The impact of being sued: dealing with the pressure of litigation
- Healthcare risk: a view from the Bench
- Michael B. Fraleigh, Partner, Fogler Rubinoff LLP
- Philip B. Abbink, Cavalluzzo LLP
- Dr. Joy Albuquerque, Medical Director, Physician Health Program, Ontario Medical Association
- Dr. Andrew Baker, Scientist, Keenan Research Centre for Biomedical Science, St. Michael’s Hospital
- Nina Bombier, Lenczner Slaght Royce Smith Griffin LLP
- Lori Borovoy, Bsc.OT Reg. (Ont), MSc., Senior Healthcare Risk Management Specialist, Healthcare Insurance Reciprocal of Canada (HIROC)
- Dr. Stephen Brown, BSc, MD, FRCPC, Staff Anesthesiologist – William Osler Health System
- Katharine L. Byrick, Borden Ladner Gervais LLP
- Kate Cahill, Thomson, Rogers
- Dr. David A. Cameron, MD, LLB, CCFP, Regional Supervising Coroner, Office of the Chief Coroner
- Dr. Dan Cass, Executive Vice President and Chief Medical Executive, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
- Dr. Trey Coffey, FAAP, FRCP(C), Staff Paediatrician and Medical Safety Officer, SickKids and Associate Clinical Director, Solutions for Patient Safety.
- Dr. Peter I. Collins, CD, MD, MCA, FRCP(C), Forensic Psychiatrist, Complex Mental Illness Program, CAMH, Operational Forensic Psychiatrist, Criminal Behaviour Analysis Unit, Ontario Provincial Police and Associate Professor, Division of Forensic Psychiatry, University of Toronto
- Lisa Corrente, Torkin Manes LLP
- Dr. Pat Croskerry, Continuing Professional Development and Medical Education, Faculty of Medicine, Dalhousie University
- Dr. Eileen de Villa, Medical Officer of Health, Toronto Public Health
- Kate Dewhirst, Kate Dewhirst Health Law
- Michael B. Fraleigh, Fogler, Rubinoff LLP
- Dr. Laura Hawryluck, MSc, MD, FRCPC, Associate Professor, Critical Care Medicine; Physician Lead, Critical Care Rapid Response Team, Toronto Western Hospital; Corporate Chair, Acute Resuscitation Committee, University Health Network; University of Toronto
- Dr. Dirk Huyer, Chief Coroner for Ontario, Office of the Chief Coroner
- Risa Kirshblum, Lenczner Slaght Royce Smith Griffin LLP
- Arlene Kraft, Director, Healthcare Safety and Risk Management, Healthcare Insurance Reciprocal of Canada (HIROC)
- Jessica Lepore, Digital Communications Specialist, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
- Anna L. Marrison, Borden Ladner Gervais LLP
- The Hon. Justice Michael McKelvey, Ontario Superior Court of Justice
- J. Mark Jackson, QC, Field Law
- Catherine Rosebrugh, Vice President, Pharmacy, Risk and General Counsel, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
- Ru Taggar, RN, MSc.N, Executive Vice President, Chief Nursing and Health Professions Executive, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
- The Hon. Justice Darla A. Wilson, Ontario Superior Court of Justice
- Brent F. Windwick, QC, Board Chair, Health Quality Council of Alberta
- Stephanie Young, Borden Ladner Gervais LLP
Group Discounts and Financial Assistance
For boardroom and multi-purchase rates, please email us.
OsgoodePD offers group rates and financial assistance for both on-site and webcast formats. Please note these are only available when registering for members of the same organization, at the same time, and payment is made with one invoice.
After your purchase is complete, the course will appear in the Order History of your OsgoodePD account with a link to "Take Online Course". Once you click "Take Online Course" you will be forwarded to the Moodle page with the materials link. The program video link with be unlocked on the day of the program. You will have access to the video for 90 days.
We will make every effort to present the program as advertised, but it may be necessary to change the dates, location, speakers or content with little or no notice. In the event of program cancellation, York University and Osgoode Hall Law School’s liability is limited to reimbursement of paid fees.
Cancellations, Substitutions and Refunds
Substitution of registrants is permitted at any time. If you are unable to find a substitute, a full refund is available if a cancellation request is received in writing 14 days prior to the program date. If a cancellation request is made with less than 14 days notice, a $75 administration fee will apply. No other refund is available.
Have a question? Read our FAQs.
In the event you experience technical difficulties, please contact email@example.com for assistance.