Are you equipped with the latest case law and expert perspectives needed for success in this 'people's Court'?
Get practical guidance from a faculty of distinguished Deputy Small Claims Court judges and legal practitioners, in areas such as:
- Drafting your pleadings to avoid the problems that annoy judges and needlessly escalate conflict
- Pleading ‘facts, not evidence’ – how true in Small Claims?
- Settlement conferences:
- what the Rules require (including disclosure requirements)
- doing it correctly to avoid the necessity of a return visit
- Motions to obtain what amounts to a summary judgment
- Setting aside default judgments
- Making sure your evidence at trial is heard and your exhibits aren’t excluded
- Qualifying/challenging expert witnesses
- Objections at trial: why, how and when?
- Opening and closing statements
- Making effective submissions on costs
- Enforcement of judgments—improving the odds in this notoriously difficult area
- Ways of maximizing the recovery
- Effective debtor examinations
- How lawyers and licensed paralegals will fulfill their obligations in the face of the Court’s anticipated increase in money jurisdiction
- What the next increase in the Court’s monetary jurisdiction will mean for practitioners’ professional obligations
- Administrative Deputy Judge Beverley A. Martel, Brampton Small Claims Court; Weir Nakon LLP, author, A Guide To Practice and Procedure in The Ontario Small Claims Court
- Rick Goodman, Fredrick Goodman Paralegal
- Deputy Judge Janis P. Criger, Hamilton Small Claims Court; Barrister & Solicitor; President, Ontario Deputy Judges Association; Bencher, Law Society of Ontario
- Deputy Judge Theodore Crljenica, Toronto Small Claims Court; Ted Crljenica Mediation & Arbitration
- Deputy Judge Abraham B. Davis, Richmond Hill Small Claims Court
- Jessica Hewlett, Katzman & Associates
- Brian Houghton, Litigation Projects Manager, Pro Bono Ontario
- Gail A. Mahadeo, Klein & Schonblum Associates
- Tiziana Moretti, Chief Law Clerk, Speigel Nichols Fox LLP
- Deputy Judge Rajneesh K. Sharda, Brampton Small Claims Court; Sharda Law Professional Corporation
- Patrick T. Summers, Chappell Partners LLP
- Deputy Judge Edwin G. Upenieks, Brampton Small Claims Court; Lawerence, Lawerence, Stevenson LLP
- Deputy Judge Frances M. Wood, Brampton Small Claims Court; Wood Gold LLP
- Deputy Judge Jack S. Zwicker, Richmond Hill Small Claims Court; Zwicker Dispute Resolutions
Group Discounts and Financial Assistance
Please note that the group discount is only available when paying for members of the same organization, at the same time, and payment is made with one invoice. For financial assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Webcast Fee per Delegate
2-3 delegates: 25% off program fee
4-10 delegates: 30% off program fee
11+ delegates: 35% off program fee
Boardroom rates available.
The video stream will be sent to you via email as soon as payment is successfully processed.
All sales are final. Please make all enquiries related to program content and CPD/MCLE credit hours prior to purchase.
Have a question? Read our FAQs.
In the event you experience technical difficulties, please contact email@example.com for assistance.