Obtain your LSO-mandated credit hours in Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion--while ensuring that you have the cultural competence skills required to meet the expectations of the public and the profession!
• The relevance of cultural competence to your legal and professional obligations
• Addressing key challenges on the road to equity, diversity and inclusion
• Understanding implicit associations and implicit bias
• Taking culture into account to provide effective legal representation
• Culturally competent interactions with clients, colleagues, students and others in the legal system
• The implications of public perceptions of inaccessibility and lack of representativeness
• Challenges serving marginalized communities, including indigenous peoples
• How to be an ally
• Introduction of a cultural competence checklist for legal professionals
• Identifying realistic and appropriate cultural-competence goals for yourself and your firm or organization
Featuring interactive exercises enabling you to apply what you learn and receive valuable feedback from an expert faculty.
Fees include attendance, program materials, lunch and break refreshments.
OsgoodePD offers group rates and financial assistance for both on-site and webcast formats.
We will make every effort to present the certificate program as advertised, but it may be necessary to change the dates, location, speakers or content with little or no notice. In the event of program cancellation, York University and Osgoode Hall Law School’s liability is limited to reimbursement of paid fees.
Substitution of registrants is permitted at any time. If you are unable to find a substitute, a full refund is available if a cancellation request is received in writing 14 days prior to the program date. If a cancellation request is made with less than 14 days notice, a $75 administration fee will apply. No other refund is available.
In the event you experience technical difficulties, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Have a question? Read our FAQs.
Questions on program registration?
Please contact the Registration Team at email@example.com
Questions on the program content?
Please contact the Program Lawyer :
Paul Truster at PTruster@osgoode.yorku.ca
June 19, 2019
9:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. EDT
1:15 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. EDT
August 14, 2019
9:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. EDT (morning program only)
Register for the Online Replay
Osgoode Professional Development Centre,
1 Dundas St. W., 26th Floor Toronto, ON
$295 + HST for morning program + afternoon workshop
$195 + HST for morning program only
Register for Morning Program only
If you require accommodations in downtown Toronto, OsgoodePD has arranged Corporate Rates with several hotels within walking distance of our downtown conference centre.
Looking for an innovative way to market your firm’s products or services?
Consider sponsoring an OsgoodePD Continuing Legal Education program or event.