Obtain your LSO-mandated credit hours in Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion--while ensuring that you have the cultural competence skills required to meet the expectations of the public and the profession!
• The relevance of cultural competence to your legal and professional obligations
• Addressing key challenges on the road to equity, diversity and inclusion
• Understanding implicit associations and implicit bias
• Taking culture into account to provide effective legal representation
• Culturally competent interactions with clients, colleagues, students and others in the legal system
• The implications of public perceptions of inaccessibility and lack of representativeness
• Challenges serving marginalized communities, including indigenous peoples
• How to be an ally
• Introduction of a cultural competence checklist for legal professionals
• Identifying realistic and appropriate cultural-competence goals for yourself and your firm or organization
Featuring interactive exercises enabling you to apply what you learn and receive valuable feedback from an expert faculty.
For boardroom and multi-purchase rates, please email us.
Please note that the group discount is only available when paying for members of the same organization, at the same time, and payment is made with one invoice. For financial assistance, please email email@example.com
After your purchase is complete, the course will appear in the Order History of your OsgoodePD account with a link to "Take Online Course". Once you click "Take Online Course" you will be forwarded to the Moodle page with the materials link. The program video link with be unlocked on the day of the program. You will have access to the video for 90 days.
We will make every effort to present the program as advertised, but it may be necessary to change the dates, location, speakers or content with little or no notice. In the event of program cancellation, York University and Osgoode Hall Law School’s liability is limited to reimbursement of paid fees.
Substitution of registrants is permitted at any time. If you are unable to find a substitute, a full refund is available if a cancellation request is received in writing 14 days prior to the program date. If a cancellation request is made with less than 14 days notice, a $75 administration fee will apply. No other refund is available.
Have a question? Read our FAQs.
In the event you experience technical difficulties, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
June 19, 2019
August 14, 2019
9:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. EDT (morning program only)
Web - Replay
$195 + HST
Newly Licensed (2016-2019): $97.50 + HST
Looking for an innovative way to market your firm’s products or services?
Consider sponsoring an OsgoodePD Continuing Legal Education program or event.