Ensure you are equipped with the latest law and insights from leaders in the administrative law field. This celebrated annual program provides you with the best current thinking from government, the private bar and academia, on current developments in tribunals and in the courts, along with their practical implications.
- Essential update on key cases of 2019
- Standard of review revisited, including its impact on tribunal practice and decision-making
- Important reforms to administrative tribunals & regulatory regimes
- The implications of the SNC Lavalin Affair for administrative law
- The roller coaster in municipal law and practice
- New approaches in public inquiries: recent innovations in design, practice and procedure
- Challenging Ministerial action (in areas such as environmental regulation, subsidy programs, and curriculum change)
- The reach of judicial review after Wall v Highwood Congregation of Jehovah’s Witnesses
- Current ethical and professional issues arising in the administrative law context
- Kate Glover Berger, LL.M. (Cambridge), D.C.L. (McGill), Faculty of Law, Western University
- Brendan van Niejenhuis, Stockwoods LLP
- Sean Gaudet, Senior Counsel, Public Law Section, Justice Canada
- The Hon. Justice David W. Stratas, LL.M. (Cambridge), D.C.L. (McGill), Federal Court of Appeal
- The Hon. Justice Lorne Sossin, Superior Court of Justice (Ontario)
- Ronda Bessner, Visiting Professor, Osgoode Hall Law School of York University
- Jamie Cameron, Professor, Osgoode Hall Law School
- Rebecca C. Durcan, Steinecke Maciura LeBlanc
- Brian Eyolfson, Barrister & Solicitor
- Jordan B. Goldblatt , Adair Goldblatt Bieber LLP
- Andrea Gonsalves, Stockwoods LLP
- Katherine Hensel, Hensel Barristers
- Matthew Horner, Counsel, Legal Services and Inquiries, Ontario Human Rights Commission
- Judie Im, Crown Law Office – Civil, Ministry of the Attorney General (Ontario)
- Barbara L. Jackman, Jackman, Nazami & Associates
- Jody Johnson, Senior Legal Counsel, Legal Services, Legislative & Planning Services,
- Jennifer L. King, Gowling WLG (Canada) LLP
- Emily LawrencePaliare Roland Rosenberg Rothstein LLP
- Jason Madden, Pape Salter Teillet LLP
- M. Paul Michell, Lax O’Sullivan Lisus Gottlieb LLP
- Michael H. Morris, Senior General Counsel, Department of Justice, National Litigation Sector (Ontario Regional Office)
- Stephen G.A. Pitel, Faculty of Law, Western University
- Kent Roach , Professor & Prichard Wilson Chair in Law and Public Policy, Faculty of Law, University of Toronto
- Craig H. Slater, General Counsel and Director,
Alcohol and Gaming Commission
of Ontario (AGCO)
- Adriel Weaver, Goldblatt Partners LLP
Group Discounts and Financial Assistance
For boardroom and multi-purchase rates, please email us.
OsgoodePD offers group rates and financial assistance for both on-site and webcast formats. Please note these are only available when registering for members of the same organization, at the same time, and payment is made with one invoice.
After your purchase is complete, the course will appear in the Order History of your OsgoodePD account with a link to "Take Online Course". Once you click "Take Online Course" you will be forwarded to the Moodle page with the materials link. The program video link with be unlocked on the day of the program. You will have access to the video for 90 days.
We will make every effort to present the program as advertised, but it may be necessary to change the dates, location, speakers or content with little or no notice. In the event of program cancellation, York University and Osgoode Hall Law School’s liability is limited to reimbursement of paid fees.
Cancellations, Substitutions and Refunds
Substitution of registrants is permitted at any time. If you are unable to find a substitute, a full refund is available if a cancellation request is received in writing 14 days prior to the program date. If a cancellation request is made with less than 14 days notice, a $75 administration fee will apply. No other refund is available.
Have a question? Read our FAQs.
In the event you experience technical difficulties, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- Date Recorded
October 2-3, 2019