In its 11th year, this national forum will once again bring together a top tier faculty who will equip you with the knowledge and strategies you need to tackle the complex issues involved in tech crime and e-evidence. This is a MUST ATTEND program for lawyers, law enforcement professionals, regulatory investigators, computer forensic specialists, judges and others engaged in criminal justice and regulatory issues.
Canada’s leading experts will equip you with practical tactics and information you can use. Topics include:
- Managing the minefield of increasingly complex digital investigations
- Top 2017 drafting and reviewing challenges and solutions in cases involving electronic evidence
- Search and seizure; deep dive into the latest top SCC cases
- Cyber security and hacking risks
- Social Media evidence; how to authenticate and ensure admissibility
- Giving computer evidence as an expert witness; tips and traps
- How to effectively cross examine a witness giving expert computer evidence
- Large data sets; best practices for disclosure and file management
- Susheel Gupta, Vice-Chairperson, Canadian Human Rights Tribunal, (on leave from the Public Prosecution Service of Canada)
- Steven Johnston, Crown Prosecutor, Special Prosecutions Branch, Alberta Justice
- Scott K. Fenton, Fenton, Smith Barristers
- Alex Manea, Chief Security Officer, Blackberry
- Allison Dellandrea, Counsel, Ministry of the Attorney General (Ontario), Crown Law Office – Criminal
- Daniel Embury, Technical Director, Cellebrite Services
- Jillian Friedman, Digital Banking Lawyer, National Bank of Canada
- Nader Hasan, Stockwoods LLP Barristers
- Anil K. Kapoor, Kapoor Barristers
- Jesse Lacroix, Digital Forensic Analyst/Investigator, Ontario Provincial Police Technological Crime Unit
- Sgt. Mike Lalande, Cybercrime Support Team, Calgary Police Service
- Avner Levin, Professor, Law and Business, Ryerson University
- Edward Marrocco, Stockwoods LLP Barristers
- Mario Mainville, Asst. Deputy Commissioner, Enforcement Services Directorate, Competition Bureau, Canada
Group Discounts and Financial Assistance
Please note that the group discount is only available when paying for members of the same organization, at the same time, and payment is made with one invoice. For financial assistance, please email email@example.com
Webcast Fee per Delegate
2-3 delegates: 25% off program fee
4-10 delegates: 30% off program fee
11+ delegates: 35% off program fee
Boardroom rates available.
The video stream, including a link to the program materials will be sent to you via email as soon as payment is successfully processed.
All sales are final. Please make all enquiries related to program content and CPD/MCLE credit hours prior to purchase.
Have a question? Read our FAQs.
In the event you experience technical difficulties, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.