The Hon. Justice Michael H. Tulloch, Court of Appeal of Ontario, Independent Reviewer, Independent Police Oversight Review, Government of Ontario
Jamie Klukach, Crown Law Office-Criminal, Ministry of the Attorney General Ont., Counsel to Independent Review
Danielle Robitaille, Partner, Henein Hutchison LLP, Counsel to independent Review
How to meet public expectations and legal standards required by the criminal, civil and regulatory justice systems, within limited budgets, remains a daunting challenge for law enforcement agencies, police associations, oversight boards and lawyers working in these fields.
Join a dynamic faculty of leading authorities who will give you practical guidance and critical insights into important areas of key concern. Topics include:
- Drill down on police external oversight agencies
- Administrative vs criminal contexts, role of counsel and police associations
- Current top issues in prosecuting and defending in the criminal and disciplinary context including multi-party disclosure issues and parallel proceedings
- Police use of force and de-escalation and its relevance to the issue of criminal liability
- Changes to police use of force in dealing with mentally disturbed individuals
- Officer liability for suspect apprehension pursuits and on-duty good faith driving
- Impact of GPS, AVL, in-car cameras, police driving instruction and service training in relation to pursuits
- Peter Scutton, Justice Prosecutions Unit, Crown Law Office – Criminal, Ministry of the Attorney General (Ontario)
- Inspector Kevin Cyr, LL.M., Royal Canadian Mounted Police. Surrey, British Columbia
- Peter Brauti, Brauti Thorning Zibarras LLP
- The Hon. Justice Michael H. Tulloch, Court of Appeal of Ontario, Independent Reviewer, Independent Police Oversight Review, Government of Ontario
- Jamie Klukach, Crown Law Office-Criminal, Ministry of the Attorney General Ont., Counsel to Independent Review
- Danielle Robitaille, Henein Hutchison LLP, Counsel to independent Review
- Judith Andersen, Assistant Professor, Department of Psychology, University of Toronto
- Deputy Commissioner Kevin Brosseau, LLB, LLM (Harvard), RCMP, National Division
- Ian Bulmer, Deputy Director, Crown Law Office – Criminal, Ministry of the Attorney General (Ontario)
- Inspector Peter Callaghan, Toronto Police Service Professional Standards
- George Cowley, Counsel, Toronto Police Association
- Staff Sgt. Jim Farrell, In Service Training Section, Toronto Police College
- Lawrence Gridin, Brauti Thorning Zibarras LLP
- Tony Loparco, Director, Ontario Special Investigations Unit
- Joseph Markson, Markson Law Professional Corporation
- Kevin McGivney, Borden Ladner Gervais LLP
- Gerry McNeilly, Director, Office of the Independent Police Review (Ontario)
- Chief Superintendent Bernard Murphy, Bureau Commander of Professional Standards, OPP
- Jason Nicol, Justice Prosecutions Unit, Crown Law Office – Criminal, Ministry of the Attorney General (Ontario)
- Brendan van Niejenhuis, Stockwoods LLP
- Marianne Wright, Counsel, Toronto Police Service
Group Discounts and Financial Assistance
Please note that the group discount is only available when paying for members of the same organization, at the same time, and payment is made with one invoice. For financial assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Webcast Fee per Delegate
2-3 delegates: 25% off program fee
4-10 delegates: 30% off program fee
11+ delegates: 35% off program fee
Boardroom rates available.
The video stream, including a link to the program materials will be sent to you via email as soon as payment is successfully processed.
All sales are final. Please make all enquiries related to program content and CPD/MCLE credit hours prior to purchase.
Have a question? Read our FAQs.
In the event you experience technical difficulties, please contact email@example.com for assistance.