This interdisciplinary program brings together experts with varied viewpoints from the fields of science, law and law enforcement who will debate and discuss the latest developments in several key areas of forensic science. They will explore challenges and best practices in presenting forensic evidence in the criminal justice process.
- Advances in forensic DNA testing; Biogeographic ancestry testing, genetic genealogy, familial DNA searching
- The shifting science of identity; What is permitted in Canada and what isn’t
- Striking a balance between the capabilities of science and the rights of individuals
- What forensic sciences have achieved foundational validity?
- Blood, oral fluid and urine; What is the science of impairment?
- Too high to drive? Prove it
- Drug recognition evaluation program
- Standard field sobriety testing
- How to demonstrate the accuracy and objectivity of forensic evidence
- Ethical obligations on justice system participants; Best practices for the laboratory and the courtroom
Don’t miss the Keynote Address:
“Standing at the Crossroads of Science and Law: The Technology of Justice”
Dr. Frederick Bieber, Faculty of Medicine, Harvard University, Medical Geneticist, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts
You’ll also hear from Rockne Harmon, former Senior Deputy District Attorney, Alameda County, California, DNA Forensic Cold Case Consultant.
- The Hon. Justice David Rose, Ontario Court of Justice
- Anthony Tessarolo, Director, Centre of Forensic Sciences, Ministry of the Solicitor General, Ontario
- Dr. Frederick Bieber, Faculty of Medicine, Harvard University, Medical Geneticist, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts
- Rockne Harmon, former Senior Deputy District Attorney, Alameda County, California, DNA Forensic Cold Case Consultant
- Nathan Baker, Nathan Baker Law
- Douglas Beirness,Canadian Centre on Substance Use and Addiction
- Stephen Goudge, Q.C., Counsel, Palliate Roland Rosenberg Rothstein LLP, Former Justice of the Court of Appeal for Ontario
- Mark Halfyard, Rusonik, O’Connor, Robbins, Ross, Gorham & Angelini, LLP
- Reed Holland, York Regional Police Service
- Mary Humphrey, General Counsel, Ministry of the Attorney General, Ontario
- The Hon. Justice Joseph Kenkel, Ontario Court of Justice
- S/Sgt. Trevor McLeod, Forensic Identification Services, Ontario Provincial Police
- Jonathan Millman, Assistant Section Head, Biology Section, Centre of Forensic Sciences, Ministry of the Solicitor General, Ontario
- Amanda Myslik, Forensic Firearms Examiner, Physical Sciences Section, Centre of Forensic Sciences, Ministry of the Solicitor General, Ontario
- Caitlin Pakosh, Assistant Crown Attorney, Ministry of the Attorney General, Ontario
- James Palangio, Counsel, Crown Law Office – Criminal, Ministry of the Attorney General, Ontario
- Melanie Richard, Forensic Biologist, Biology Section, Centre of Forensic Sciences, Ministry of the Solicitor General, Ontario
- Danielle Robitaille, Henein Hutchison LLP
- The Hon. Justice Enzo Rondinelli, Ontario Court of Justice
- Jonathan Shime, Cooper, Sandler, Shime & Bergman LLP
Group Discounts and Financial Assistance
Please note that the group discount is only available when paying for members of the same organization, at the same time, and payment is made with one invoice. For financial assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Webcast Fee per Delegate
2-3 delegates: 25% off program fee
4-10 delegates: 30% off program fee
11+ delegates: 35% off program fee
Boardroom rates available.
The video stream will be sent to you via email as soon as payment is successfully processed.
All sales are final. Please make all enquiries related to program content and CPD/MCLE credit hours prior to purchase.
Have a question? Read our FAQs.
In the event you experience technical difficulties, please contact email@example.com for assistance.