All lawyers are subject to the same ethical and professional obligations, but the context of in-house practice poses particular challenges.
This webcast assembles an outstanding faculty for a lively and informative, CPD-accredited discussion of problems and solutions. Topics include:
Who’s your client?
- The CFO, CEO, Board of Directors or the shareholders?
- The implications for privilege
- The potential for confusion when you are consulted by officers of affiliated/subsidiary companies
In-house counsel’s role
- Communicating the scope and limitations of your role effectively to management
- Handling pressures to undertake legal work outside your competence or unrelated to company business
- Challenges of maintaining privilege when providing both legal and business advice
Conflict of interest
- When pressure to save the company money on legal services conflicts with your responsibilities as a legal adviser
- What to do if your employer is contemplating (or engaging in) unlawful conduct
- When your employer wants you to disclose confidential information obtained through your prior employment
- How the unique culture of in-house counsel provides opportunities to “lower the temperature” in disputes with opposing external counsel
- Gavin MacKenzie. Davis LLP, former Treasurer of the Law Society of Upper Canada; author, Lawyers and Ethics: Professional Responsibility and Discipline, 5th Ed.
- Martha S. Binks General Counsel and Director of Legal Services, Allstate Insurance Company of Canada
- Nicole J. Broley Associate General Counsel, Deloittes LLP, and Director, Association of Corporate Counsel, Ontario Chapter
- Malcolm M. Mercer McCarthy Tétrault LLP (where, in addition to conducting a practice, he is General Counsel to the firm); Chair, Professional Regulation Committee, Law Society of Upper Canada
2-3 delegates: 25% off archived program fee
4-10 delegates: 30% off archived program fee
11+ delegates: 35% off archived program fee
Boardroom rates available.
The video stream will be sent to you via email as soon as payment is successfully processed.
All sales are final. Please make all enquiries related to program content and CPD/MCLE credit hours prior to purchase. In the event you experience technical difficulties, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.