Arbitration is one method of dispute resolution and is likely to continue to play an increasing role in our justice system, requiring a special skill set and raising unique challenges for all those involved.
This program will ensure that:
- You have a good understanding of the procedural issues in arbitration and how the decision to arbitrate is made and why?
- You are fully aware of the ethical issues at play in the professional practice of arbitration and have the skills to face them transparently and thoughtfully
- You have a solid understanding of your role as an effective advocate from preparation to problem-solving to documenting the settlement and beyond
- You gain a better understanding of the court’s attitudes towards judicial review
- You have an understanding of the creative uses of the arbitration process: going beyond the do’s and don’ts
Developed as part of a unique partnership, this joint ADRIO/FDRIO/OsgoodePD program will provide a forum for discussion focusing on broadening the skills of those currently working in arbitration and provide a wealth of information for those contemplating a career in arbitration or those who simply work in dispute resolution and need a grounding of the concepts.
- The Honourable Thomas Albert Cromwell, C.C., Senior Counsel, Borden Ladner Gervais LLP; Former Justice, Supreme Court of Canada; “The Flexibility of Arbitration and the Possibilities of User-Designed Approaches”
- Lorne H. Wolfson, FDRP Arb., Torkin Manes LLP; Past FDRIO Chair
- Marvin J. Huberman, LLB., LLM., FCIArb, FAIADR, President of ADRIO
- Larry Banack, Banack Resolutions Inc.
- Michael Erdle, FCIArb., C.Arb., C.Med., Practical Resolutions
- Verlyn Francis, JD, LLM (ADR), Isiko Dispute Resolution Consultants
- Herschel Fogelman, Fogelman Law
- Verlyn Francis, Isiko Dispute Resolution Consultants
- Cheryl Goldhart, Goldhart & Associates
- Stephen Grant, LSM, Cert. F. Arb., FDRP Arb., Grant Crawford Watson LLP
- William G. Horton, Independent Commercial Arbitrator
- Megan Keenberg, Van Kralingen & Keenberg LLP
- David McCutcheon, Counsel, Dentons Canada LLP
- Paul Michell, Lax O’Sullivan Lisus Gottlieb
- Marcel Mongeon, Ross, Mongeon, Covello & Co.
- Pamela Pengelley, Cozen O’Connor
- Richard W. Shields, LLB, MA, LLM, PhD, FDRP Arb., Family Dispute Resolution
- Brahm D. Siegel, FDRP Arb., Nathens, Siegel LLP; Co-Chair, FDRIO Arbitration Section
- Chloe A. Snider, Dentons Canada LLP
- Jennifer Webster, Mediator, Arbitrator, Facilitator
Group Discounts and Financial Assistance
Please note that the group discount is only available when paying for members of the same organization, at the same time, and payment is made with one invoice. For financial assistance, please email email@example.com
Webcast Fee per Delegate
2-3 delegates: 25% off program fee
4-10 delegates: 30% off program fee
11+ delegates: 35% off program fee
Boardroom rates available.
The video stream will be sent to you via email as soon as payment is successfully processed.
All sales are final. Please make all enquiries related to program content and CPD/MCLE credit hours prior to purchase.
Have a question? Read our FAQs.
In the event you experience technical difficulties, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.