The Construction Act is here – you need to be prepared to implement the sweeping legal reforms.
Prime yourself for success on construction projects with OsgoodePD’s unique Deconstructing Ontario’s New Construction Act Series. Opt for a curated and comprehensive program package of essential topics or fill gaps in your knowledge toolbox with separately bookable programs.
Make your professional development count.
Developed and led by industry experts who helped to write the new law, this timely series offers you essential knowledge, tools and strategies to satisfy your new legal obligations on construction projects. Participants will develop a thorough understanding of key areas and gain valuable expert insights and best practices to navigate this new era of construction law in Ontario.
Current planned offerings include:
- Ontario’s New Construction Act: The Practical Guide to Implementing the Sweeping Changes (On Demand)
- Ontario’s New Construction Act: Transitioning & Applying the Modernization Provisions (On Demand)
- Ontario’s New Construction Act: Adapting to the New Prompt Payment & Adjudication Regimes (On Demand)
- Construction Liens Under Ontario’s New Construction Act: Strategies for Navigating the New Regime (February 20, 2020)
- Jason Annibale, McMillan LLP
- Sandra Astolfo, WeirFoulds LLP
- Geza Banfai, McMillan LLP
- Sharon Vogel, FCIArb, Singleton Urquhart Reynolds Vogel LLP
- Glenn Ackerley, WeirFoulds LLP
- Matt Ainley, Principal, Matt Ainley Inc.
- Matthew Alter, Cassels Brock & Blackwell LLP
- Ray Bassett, Vice President & Chief Underwriting Officer, Surety National Accounts, Travelers Insurance Company of Canada
- Dante Campannelli, Legal Counsel, Black & McDonald Limited
- Dr. Cyril Chern, BArch, JurisD, RIBA, AIA, FCIArb, FDBF, Barrister, Chartered Architect, Chartered Arbitrator, Adjudicator (UK & international), Secretary – The Dispute Board Federation (Geneva)
- Glenn Clarke, Controller of Plant, Simcoe Muskoka Catholic District School Board
- Yonni Fushman, EVP & Chief Legal Officer, Aecon Group Inc.
- Duncan Glaholt, FCIArb, CArb, Glaholt LLP
- Professor Doug Jones, AO, Arbitration Place
- Bruce Karn, Senior Counsel, EllisDon Corporation
- Howard Krupat, DLA Piper (Canada) LLP
- Janice Lao, Senior Legal Counsel (Transaction Legal), Infrastructure Ontario
- James Little, Singleton Urquhart Reynolds Vogel LLP
- Chris Moran, Director, EllisDon Capital
- Marcia Oliver, Certified Construction Law Specialist, Advocates LLP
- Jerry Paglia, Director, Procurement Office, The Regional Municipality of York
- Paul Raboud, Chair, Ontario General Contractors Association
- Bruce Reynolds, FCIArb, Singleton Urquhart Reynolds Vogel LLP
- Sandra Skivsky, Chair, National Trade Contractors Coalition of Canada (NTCCC), and Director of Marketing & Business Development, Canada Masonry Centre
- Clive Thurston, President, Ontario General Contractors Association (OGCA)
- Eric Tilley, General Counsel, Infrastructure Ontario
- Master Charles Wiebe, Ontario Superior Court of Justice
- Howard Wise, Goodmans LLP
Group Discounts and Financial Assistance
Please note that the group discount is only available when paying for members of the same organization, at the same time, and payment is made with one invoice. For financial assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Webcast Fee per Delegate
2-3 delegates: 25% off program fee
4-10 delegates: 30% off program fee
11+ delegates: 35% off program fee
Boardroom rates available.
The video stream will be sent to you via email as soon as payment is successfully processed.
All sales are final. Please make all enquiries related to program content and CPD/MCLE credit hours prior to purchase.
Have a question? Read our FAQs.
In the event you experience technical difficulties, please contact email@example.com for assistance.