Annual ‘one-stop shopping’ for practical analysis of developments affecting Federal and provincial Crown liability.
Counsel need to be equipped to meet the challenges in this evolving area—challenges embracing the nature and scope of liability, best practices in cases alleging it, and the far-reaching consequences for the public interest.
Topics will reflect developments as of March 2018 and will include:
- The year’s most important cases involving or with implications for Crown liability
- The latest judicial and scholarly opinion on negligence/tort in the Crown context
- The Supreme Court of Canada’s decisions in Chippewas of the Thames First Nation v. Enbridge and Clyde River (Hamlet) v. Petroleum Geo-Services Inc. and the duty to consult
- The current state of Crown immunity in light of the SCC’s decision in Canada (Attorney General) v. Thouin
- Ethical and professional issues for government-side lawyers in Crown litigation
- Joseph K. Cheng, Counsel, Business, Regulatory and Extradition Law Division, Justice Canada (Ontario Regional Office)
- Tom D. McKinlay, Counsel, Crown Law Office—Civil, Ministry of the Attorney General (Ontario)
- Andrew Lokan, Paliare Roland Rosenberg Rothstein LLP
- Prof. Erika Chamberlain, Western Law, Western University
- Manizeh Fancy, Crown Law Office—Civil, Ministry of the Attorney General (Ontario)
- The Hon. Justice Lise G. Favreau, Superior Court of Justice (Ontario)
- Sonal Gandhi, Counsel, Crown Law Office–Civil, Ministry of the Attorney General (Ontario)
- Nader R. Hasan, Stockwoods LLP
- M. Kathleen McManus, Senior Counsel, National Litigation Sector (Atlantic Regional Office), Justice Canada
- Michael H. Morris, Senior General Counsel, National Litigation Sector, Justice Canada
- John Kingman Phillips, Waddell Phillips LLP
- Gina Scarcella, Senior Counsel (Public Safety and Defence), Justice Canada
- Paul Sheridan, Counsel, Crown Law Office – Civil, Ministry of the Attorney General (Ontario)
- Michael D. Solursh, Counsel, Citizenship, Immigration & International Trade (Ontario)
Group Discounts and Financial Assistance
Please note that the group discount is only available when paying for members of the same organization, at the same time, and payment is made with one invoice. For financial assistance, please email email@example.com
Webcast Fee per Delegate
2-3 delegates: 25% off program fee
4-10 delegates: 30% off program fee
11+ delegates: 35% off program fee
Boardroom rates available.
The video stream will be sent to you via email as soon as payment is successfully processed.
All sales are final. Please make all enquiries related to program content and CPD/MCLE credit hours prior to purchase.
Have a question? Read our FAQs.
In the event you experience technical difficulties, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.