Co-Presented with Aboriginal Legal Services
April 23, 2019 marked the 20th anniversary of the Supreme Court of Canada’s decision in R. v. Gladue. Join an experienced, multi-disciplinary faculty from across Canada to discuss what’s working, what isn’t working and what the priorities should be moving forward. If you work with Indigenous people involved in the justice system, this is an important event that you should not miss.
- Where is the Canadian justice system 20 years post the Gladue SCC decision?
- Gladue and parole ; Innovative approaches and practical case study
- A national and international perspective on Indigenous specific courts including an on reserve court
- Why are there no Indigenous courts where we might expect them?
- Latest case law update on leading post- Ipeelee cases and their impact on Gladue principles
- The Hon. Justice Peter De Freitas, Associate Chief Justice, Ontario Court of Justice
- Jonathan Rudin, Program Director, Aboriginal Legal Services
- Stephanie Bean, Senior Manager, Gladue Caseworkers, Aboriginal Legal Services
- The Hon. Justice David Gibson, Ontario Court of Justice, Kenora
- The Hon. Justice Mara Greene, Ontario Court of Justice
- The Hon. Justice Laurel Halfpenny McQuarrie, Nova Scotia Provincial Court
- Anthony Hopkins, Senior Lecturer, Barrister, Director – Law School Clinical and Internship Courses, Australian National University Law School
- Harry S. LaForme, former Justice of the Ontario Court of Appeal, Senior Counsel, Olthuis Kleer Townsend LLP
- Karen Restoule, Associate Chair, Ontario Parole Board
- Kent Roach, Professor and Pritchard Wilson Chair in Law and Public Policy, Faculty of Law, University of Toronto
- Donald E. Worme, Senior Counsel, Semaganis Worme, Saskatchewan
Group Discounts and Financial Assistance
Please note that the group discount is only available when paying for members of the same organization, at the same time, and payment is made with one invoice. For financial assistance, please email email@example.com
Webcast Fee per Delegate
2-3 delegates: 25% off program fee
4-10 delegates: 30% off program fee
11+ delegates: 35% off program fee
Boardroom rates available.
The video stream will be sent to you via email as soon as payment is successfully processed.
All sales are final. Please make all enquiries related to program content and CPD/MCLE credit hours prior to purchase.
Have a question? Read our FAQs.
In the event you experience technical difficulties, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.