Join a top tier, multi-disciplinary faculty to explore the transformation of the criminal justice system and innovative community solutions in relation to mentally ill offenders.
This one day symposium brings together those who work at the crossroads of criminal justice and mental disorder: lawyers, judges, law enforcement professionals, mental health court workers, support workers, forensic psychiatrists and psychologists to explore challenges and solutions to some of the most pressing issues today.
Don’t miss this opportunity to network with others facing similar challenges and get up to date on essential and emerging issues and positive developments. Topics include:
- Not Criminally Responsible; case law update
- Review Boards; trending issues
- Alternative Justice Solutions
- Conducting Fitness Hearings
- Joan Barrett, Deputy Director, Crown Law Office – Criminal, Ministry of the Attorney General (Ontario)
- The Hon. Justice Riun Shandler, Ontario Court of Justice
- Howard Sapers, Independent Advisor on Corrections Reform in Ontario
- Dayna Arron, Crown Counsel, Crown Law Office-Criminal, Ministry of the Attorney General (Ontario)
- Janice E. Blackburn, Partner, Bersenas Jacobsen Chouest Thomson Blackburn LLP
- Michael Callaghan, Assistant Crown Attorney, Toronto Crown Attorney’s Office, Criminal Law Division, Ministry of the Attorney General (Ontario)
- Jamie Cameron, Professor, Osgoode Hall Law School, York University, Alternate Chair, Ontario Review Board
- Erin Dann, Barrister
- Assistant Deputy Minister Patrick Dicerni, Strategic Policy & Planning Division, Ministry of Health and Long Term Care (Ontario)
- Michael Feindel, Crown Coordinator, Ontario Review Board, Ministry of the Attorney General (Ontario)
- Craig Fraser, Assistant Crown Attorney, Hamilton Crown Attorney’s Office, Criminal Law Division, Ministry of the Attorney General (Ontario)
- The Hon. Justice Michelle Fuerst, Regional Senior Justice, Superior Court of Justice (Ontario)
- Eric Girt, Chief, Hamilton Police Service
- Sheldon Kennedy, Lead Director, Sheldon Kennedy Child Advocacy Centre, Co-Founder of Respect Group
- Dr. Philip E. Klassen, Vice-President Medical Services, Ontario Shores Centre for Mental Health, Assistant Professor, Dept. Of Psychiatry and Dept. of Medicine, University of Toronto
- Camille Quenneville, CEO, Canadian Mental Health Association, Ontario Division
- Assistant Deputy Minister Nancy Sanders, Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services
- Dr. Sandy Simpson, Chief of Forensic Psychiatry, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, Associate Professor and Head of the Division of Forensic Psychiatry, Department of Psychiatry, University of Toronto
- The Hon. Justice Michael H. Tulloch, Court of Appeal of Ontario, Independent Reviewer, Independent Police Oversight Review, Gov’t of Ontario.
- Judge Michael Yavinsky, Supervising Judge of the New York City Criminal Court for Brooklyn
Group Discounts and Financial Assistance
Please note that the group discount is only available when paying for members of the same organization, at the same time, and payment is made with one invoice. For financial assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Webcast Fee per Delegate
2-3 delegates: 25% off program fee
4-10 delegates: 30% off program fee
11+ delegates: 35% off program fee
Boardroom rates available.
The video stream, including a link to the program materials will be sent to you via email as soon as payment is successfully processed.
All sales are final. Please make all enquiries related to program content and CPD/MCLE credit hours prior to purchase.
Have a question? Read our FAQs.
In the event you experience technical difficulties, please contact email@example.com for assistance.