Don’t want to commit to a degree right now? Consider taking up to 12 credits as a non-degree student through Single Course Enrollment (SCE). Choosing to complete LLM courses through Single course Enrolment allows you the flexibility of applying your credits to a future LLM degree.
Program Starts & Deadlines:
Program Start: Fall 2019
Applications Due: June 23, 2019
** After the Deadline: If the course(s) you are interested are listed on the Fall 2019 schedule below, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form.
Next Intake: Winter 2020
Applications Available: Mid-September 2019
> Fall 2019 SCE Schedule
||Current NCA Assessment
||Year of Call
||Proof of Language Proficiency
|Pursuing your NCA Accreditation
||Required – see Language Proficiency table below
|Currently licensed to practice law in Canada
*LLB/JD Transcript copy required: Applicants must include degree certificate if the transcript does not confirm the degree has been conferred. If your transcripts are in a language other than English, you will also need to ensure to provide copies of certified translations.
**NCA assessment must have a date in the future beyond the term for which you are applying (not expired). NCA Assessment must have the option to write Challenge Examinations with the NCA.
If your first language is not English, you must supply proof of language proficiency as set out in the table below. You may be exempted from this requirement if you have completed at least one year of full-time study at an accredited university in a country (or institution) where English is the only official language of instruction at the university level, not only at the program level.
Language Proficiency Tests & Minimum Scores
Apply for your OsgoodePD Single Course Enrollment in 3 steps.
Below you’ll find information on applying to Single Course Enrollment through the York University application portal. We encourage applicants to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Submit your application form using York University’s Graduate Studies Application Form. The $100 CAD application fee is required and is non-refundable and is payable by Visa or Mastercard.
Goal of Study
- The term currently open for application
- Part-Time Studies
- “I wish to enroll as a visiting student.”
- Under the Degree Selection list, a pop-up box will appear. Enter ‘LAW’ in the Search all Columns box on the top right corner and select it.
Demographic Information Section
If you have previously applied to York University, your student number will remain the same. If you do not remember your student number you will need to contact our office at email@example.com to request your student number. You must provide us with the following so we can confirm your student # and provide it to you to complete your application:
- Full name
- Any previous surnames
- Date of Birth
If you are a new applicant to York University:
Two to three days after you’ve submitted your online application York University will send you an automated email message providing you your 9-digit York University Student Identification Number and access to your MyFile profile. (See details below regarding MyFile.)
If you’ve previously applied to York University:
Your student number remains the same thus you will not receive an automated email. Please proceed to Step 3.
Once you have your 9-digit Student number, complete the Supplementary form via the link below. To submit the form you will be required to provide the application documents referenced in the Application Requirements section above.
- A JD/LLB is required for entry as an SCE student.
- Students can take a lifetime maximum of 12 credits as a non-degree student.
- SCE admission is based on space availability within the LLM courses after LLM students are registered in courses.
- If you make a mistake on your supplementary form or need to make changes, you may submit the supplementary form again. You need to email firstname.lastname@example.org to inform us of the changes you have made so we can update your file. If we do not receive an email from you then these changes will not be made to your profile.
- Myfile will ONLY be used to accept/decline the offer for those admitted successfully to SCE.
- OsgoodePD will not review applications until after the application deadline. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that they have submitted all required documents. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Decisions will be sent to all applicants via e-mail within 2-3 weeks of the deadline.