Developed as part of a unique partnership, this joint ADRIO/FDRIO/OsgoodePD program will provide a forum for discussion focusing on broadening the skills of those currently working in med-arb and provide a wealth of information for those contemplating a career in med-arb or those who simply work in dispute resolution and need a grounding of the concepts.
As a new and developing method of dispute resolution, Mediation-Arbitration is likely to play an expanded role in our justice system, requiring a special skill set and raising unique challenges for all those involved.
This full day program will ensure that:
- You know the legal boundaries of med-arb practice including the value of med-arb agreements and potential liabilities for med-arb practitioners
- You are fully aware of the ethical issues at play in med-arb and have the skills to face them transparently and thoughtfully
- You have a solid understanding of your role as an effective advocate from preparation to problem-solving to documenting the settlement and beyond
- Have an understanding of the future of med-arb including the real and perceived barriers to its future use
- You’ll walk away with a cleared understanding of the practical/practice development issues you will face
- Richard W. Shields, LLB, MA, LLM, PhD., Family Dispute Resolution
- Michael Erdle, Practical Resolutions Inc.
- The Hon. Warren K. Winkler, OC, O.Ont., QC, Former Chief Justice of Ontario, Mediator & Arbitrator, Honorary Fellow and Lifetime Achievement Award, International Academy of Mediators
- Stephen Morrison, LLB, C.Arb, C.Med, FCIArb, Mediator & Arbitrator, Stephen Richard Morrison ADR Inc.
- Colm Brannigan, Chartered Mediator, Chartered Arbitrator
- Philip M. Epstein, QC, Epstein Cole LLP
- Lisa Feld, Mediator
- Dr. Barbara Jo Fidler, PhD, CPsych, AccFM, Registered Psychologist, Family Solutions
- Cheryl Goldhart, Goldhart & Associates
- Carol Hickman, QC, BA, LLB, LLM, Accredited Mediator, Arbitrator and Parenting Coordinator, Quay Law Centre and West Coast ADR
- Ian M. Hull, Hull & Hull LLP
- Safina Lakhani, Crawley MacKewn Brush LLP
- David McCutcheon, C. Arb., Dentons Canada LLP
- Elaine Newman, BA, LLB, LLM, Mediator and Arbitrator
- Richard W. Shields, C. Arb., C. Med. Cert. F.Arb., Cert. F. Med, Lawyer Mediator Arbitrator Trainer
- Brahm D. Siegel, Nathens, Siegel LLP
- Dr. Martha Simmons, JD, LLM, Ph.D., Winkler Professor of Dispute Resolution, Osgoode Hall Law School, York University
- Alexa Sulzenko, Filion Wakely Thorup Angeletti LLP
- Lorne H. Wolfson, Torkin Manes LLP
Fees include attendance, program materials, continental breakfast, lunch and break refreshments.
OsgoodePD offers group rates for both on site and webcast formats. Please note these are only available when registering for members of the same organization, at the same time, and payment is made with one invoice.
We will make every effort to present the certificate program as advertised, but it may be necessary to change the dates, location, speakers or content with little or no notice. In the event of program cancellation, York University and Osgoode Hall Law School’s liability is limited to reimbursement of paid fees.
Cancellations and Substitutions
Substitution of registrants is permitted at any time. If you are unable to find a substitute, a full refund is available if a cancellation request is received in writing 14 days prior to the program date. If a cancellation request is made with less than 14 days notice, a $75 administration fee will apply. No other refund is available.
In the event you experience technical difficulties, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
Have questions? Read our FAQs.
If you have any questions or would like more information please contact: