Terms & Conditions – Osgoode’s Online NCA Exam Prep Program (the Program)
Pre-Purchase Terms and Conditions
As of November 1, 2017
General Terms and Conditions:
- All sales are final and purchases are non-refundable. Please make all enquiries related to program content prior to purchase. In the event you experience technical difficulties, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- You should purchase this product only if you plan to sit in the corresponding NCA exam(s) within the next 12-months. To ensure optimized learning, our online course site (Moodle) will ask you to identify your planned exam sitting before you are granted access to the course content.
- The discussion forums and other communication tools on Moodle are to be used for topics related to the courses and the NCA and licensing process. You may not share these with any others or sell services or products to other participants. The only exception is sale of used NCA subject matter textbooks, which may be discussed on the forum topics designated for textbook sale.
General Terms and Conditions:
- Upon successful payment and registration, the registered participant will have access to each purchased subject matter course for 12-months from the date of purchase. No extensions are permitted.
- Each subject matter course entitles the registered participant to submit one written exam question answer through Moodle to be marked by the instructor. This can be submitted at any time. Please allow two weeks for the instructor to provide feedback.
- Participants may ask questions on the course discussion forums or directly to instructors through the online course. Please allow up to one week for answers to be provided.
Purchases Prior to November 1st, 2017:
- The Program was initially developed with funding from Ontario’s Ministry of Citizenship, Immigration and International Trade (MCI). In order to manage course enrollment, continuously improve course content, and meet reporting obligations, OsgoodePD has continuing obligations to collect information about participant use patterns, success rates on NCA exams, and progress through the licensing process. This information will be kept confidential by OsgoodePD and data will be reported to MCI on an anonymized basis. Moodle will ask you for consent to the collection and use of this information before you are granted access to the course content.
- Prior to November 1st, 2017, if you self-identified as eligible for the MCI-funded Bridging components of the Program, Moodle will require proof of eligibility. Decisions as to eligibility for the Bridging Program are at OsgoodePD’s discretion. Access is only granted to the Bridging components once OsgoodePD has verified your eligibility and you have consented through the LMS to information collection and use for MCI reporting purposes. Ineligibility for the Bridging Program does not affect your access to the NCA subject matter courses. OsgoodePD makes no representation as to your eligibility for Ontario Bridging Participant Assistance Program funding .
OsgoodePD Communication & Alumni Benefits:
- During your 12-month access, approximately every 3 months OsgoodePD will ask you, (through Moodle) to confirm whether or not you have passed the exam. When you confirm that you have passed, you will be invited to join to Osgoode’s NCA alumni network and will benefit from a number of ongoing free resources.