Practical tools for success in the Court – for lawyers, paralegals and law clerks
From drafting pleadings that will persuade the Court, to effective approaches to enforcement (with or without a court hearing) – an expert faculty, including Deputy Judges, will provide you with the information and strategic guidance you need.
- Right from the beginning: effective written advocacy in Small Claims
- How to get judgment on the action at the settlement conference
- “Summary judgment” in Small Claims—motions to strike pleadings
- Motions for substituted service: what to suggest to the Court
- Practical tips for time-and-cost-efficient motions
- Conducting the trial: making sure your evidence is heard and your exhibits aren’t excluded
- “Informal, not anarchic”: effective oral advocacy in Small Claims
- Objections: why, how and when?
- Ways of maximizing the recovery
- Advancing or defending claims for aggravated, punitive and exemplary damages
- Making effective submissions on costs
- Current status of the law on the availability of arrest warrants and the power to incarcerate
- Application of the Rules of Professional Conduct for lawyers and the equivalent Paralegal Rules to Small Claims litigation
- Managing client expectations in the Small Claims context
- How to make your Small Claims practice effective and profitable
- Beverley A. Martel, LL.M., Administrative Deputy Judge, Brampton Small Claims Court
- Rick Goodman, Fredrick Goodman Paralegal
- Deputy Judge Bernard Aron, Small Claims Court, Central East Region
- Deputy Judge James Branoff, Law Office of James Branoff; Small Claims Court, Southwest Region
- Ellen A. Brohm, HGR Graham Partners LLP
- Paula Callaghan, Callaghan Paralegal
- Deputy Judge Abraham Davis, Small Claims Court, Central East Region
- Brian Houghton, Litigation Projects Manager, Pro Bono Ontario
- Teri Liu, Dutton Brock LLP
- Melissa Miller, Howie, Sacks & Henry LLP
- Deputy Judge Marcel D. Mongeon, Ross, Mongeon, Covello & Co.; Small Claims Court, Central South Region; Past President, Ontario Deputy Judges Association
- Amer Mushtaq, Formative LLP
- Deputy Judge Eric Nadler, Cutler/Nadler; Small Claims Court, Central West Region
- Deputy Judge Gina Papageorgiou, Toronto Small Claims Court; Bencher, Law Society of Upper Canada
- Jeffrey Radnoff, Radnoff Law Offices
- Deputy Judge Frances, M. Wood, Wood Gold LLP; Small Claims Court, Central West Region
- Evelyn Perez Youssoufian, Minken Employment Lawyers
- Dalia Yonadam, Fine & Deo
Please note that the group discount is only available when paying for members of the same organization, at the same time, and payment is made with one invoice.
Webcast Fee per Delegate
2-3 delegates: 25% off program fee
4-10 delegates: 30% off program fee
11+ delegates: 35% off program fee
Boardroom rates available.
The video stream, including link to program materials will be sent to you via email as soon as payment is successfully processed.
All sales are final. Please make all enquiries related to program content and CPD/MCLE credit hours prior to purchase.
Have a question? Read our FAQs.
In the event you experience technical difficulties, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.