To achieve the best results for your clients in this challenging area, you must have a comprehensive and up-to-date understanding of the panoply of rights and remedies available to shareholders, along with their limitations. This fully-updated version of an acclaimed program provides you with the tools you need.
- Oppression remedy review and update
- Including: trends in the courts’ approaches, the business judgment rule, and creative uses of the remedy
- Corporate governance considerations in shareholder disputes
- Including: fiduciary obligations among principals of closely held companies and interaction of fiduciary and oppression claims; conflicts of interest and due diligence requirements
- Resolving shareholder disputes outside court to preserve enterprise value
- Claims and interim remedies
- Including: interim management, use of monitors/inspectors, injunctive-type relief, non-competition and confidentiality obligations
- Accounting and valuation issues and solutions
- Including: role of financial experts; best approaches to developing settlement positions
- Strategies and tactics during the course of litigation
- Including: practical tips and strategies for bringing or responding to an application or action for an oppression remedy
- Alternative remedies under the Business Corporations Act: insolvency proceedings, windups and derivative actions
- Good faith since Bhasin: an update on implications for shareholder agreements and shareholder disputes
- Ethical and professional issues for counsel in shareholder disputes and litigation
- Lisa C. Munro, Lerners LLP
- David Morritt, Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP
- Eric S. Block, McCarthy Tétrault LLP
- Allan D. Coleman, Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP
- Kenneth A. Dekker, Affleck Greene McMurtry LLP
- Paul N. Feldman, Feldman Lawyers
- Matthew P. Gottlieb, Lax O’Sullivan Lisus Gottlieb LLP
- Aaron Hershtal, Kestenberg Siegal Lipkus LLP
- Jonathan Lisus, Lax O’Sullivan Lisus Gottlieb LLP
- Ari A. Lokshin, Lokshin Law Office
- Domenic Marino, CBV, CPA, CA, Partner, Consulting & Deals, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP
- Evan Thomas, Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP
- James C. Tory, Torys LLP
- Christine Wadsworth, McCarthy Tétrault LLP
- Peter Wardle, Wardle Daley Bernstein Bieber LLP
Please note that the group discount is only available when paying for members of the same organization, at the same time, and payment is made with one invoice.
Webcast Fee per Delegate
2-3 delegates: 25% off program fee
4-10 delegates: 30% off program fee
11+ delegates: 35% off program fee
Boardroom rates available.
The video stream, including link to program materials will be sent to you via email as soon as payment is successfully processed.
All sales are final. Please make all enquiries related to program content and CPD/MCLE credit hours prior to purchase.
Have a question? Read our FAQs.
In the event you experience technical difficulties, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.