When and how much force is permissible in the course of a violent interaction is a continuing area of legal dispute and confusion.
Join a faculty of experts from diverse sectors of the criminal justice system who will discuss, debate and give you practical guidance on the latest developments, including:
- What constitutes a legal use of force by police officers?
- How are breaches dealt with in the criminal process and under the Police Act?
- Pros and cons of police body cameras
- Leading case law review of the implementation of the new law of self defence
- What traditional defences still exist?
- Recent decisions relating to “correction of a child” in school and at home
- How the law has evolved concerning excessive behaviour in consensual fighting in sports
- Recent trends in the “Air of Reality” Test
- Update on self-defence in domestic cases
- Capacity, Consent and volition in today’s sexual assault cases
- Susan M. Chapman, Ursel Phillips Fellows Hopkinson LLP
- Ann Morgan, Deputy Director, Ministry of the Attorney General (Ontario), Office of the Crown Attorney
- The Honourable Justice Marrocco, Associate Chief Justice, Ontario Superior Court of Justice
Self-Defence – The Reality of Today’s Litigation
- Inspector Michael Barsky, Toronto Police Service, Communications-PRIME
- Andrew Burgess, Addario Law Group
- Michael Cantlon, Crown Attorney, Ministry of the Attorney General (Ontario)
- Wayne Cunningham, Cooper, Sandler, Shime & Bergman LLP
- Sgt. Kevin Cyr, LL.M., R.C.M.P., Lower Mainland Emergency Response Team
- David Gillis, Staff Sgt.Armament Officer, Toronto Police College
- Lisa Jacek, Counsel, Crown Law Office-Criminal, Ministry of the Attorney General (Ontario)
- Asha James, Falconers LLP
- Scott Latimer, Crown Counsel Crown Law Office – Criminal, Ministry of the Attorney General (Ontario)
- Naomi Lutes, Greenspan Humphrey Lavine
- Joanne Mulcahy, Harry G. Black Professional Corporation
- Rick Nathanson, Sexual Violence Advisory Crown, Ministry of the Attorney General (Ontario)
- The Hon. Justice Ian Nordheimer, Superior Court of Justice (Ontario)
- Vincenzo Rondinelli, Lafontaine & Associates
- Peter Scrutton, Crown Counsel, Crown Law Office – Criminal, Ministry of the Attorney General (Ontario)
- Jennifer Stanton, Asst. Crown Attorney, Ministry of the Attorney General (Ontario)
- The Hon. Justice Gary Trotter, Superior Court of Justice (Ontario)
- Jill Witkin, Crown Counsel, Crown Law Office-Criminal, Ministry of the Attorney General (Ontario)
- Robert M. Wright, Asst. Crown Attorney, Ministry of the Attorney General (Ontario)
Please note that the group discount is only available when paying for members of the same organization, at the same time, and payment is made with one invoice.
Webcast Fee per Delegate
2-3 delegates: 25% off program fee
4-10 delegates: 30% off program fee
11+ delegates: 35% off program fee
Boardroom rates available.
The video stream, including link to program materials will be sent to you via email as soon as payment is successfully processed.
All sales are final. Please make all enquiries related to program content and CPD/MCLE credit hours prior to purchase.
In the event you experience technical difficulties, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.