Mastery of domestic contracts is essential to a family lawyer’s practice. The vast majority of family law matters are resolved by contracts – and most claims against family lawyers relate to advising on or preparing them. Designed by family law experts this program was developed to strengthen these competencies by focusing on some of the more challenging aspects of domestic contracts.
Senior practitioners will provide in-depth and practical guidance on key issues, including:
- Validity/enforcement of mediation and arbitration agreements
- The purpose of time-limited parenting coordination agreements
- Threshold for the removal of a parenting coordinator
- Life insurance provisions and separation agreements: the use of insurance trusts
- Agreements to transfer property: can the bankruptcy trustee knock them down?
- Do’s and don’ts of drafting income tax clauses in separation agreements
- Practical considerations and potential challenges in drafting pension clauses
- Avoiding pitfalls in complex marriage contracts
Providing competent advice to your client begins with ensuring that:
- You are up to date on the current law and best practices regarding separation agreements, marriage contracts, family arbitration agreements, parenting agreements and more
- You are aware of the range of strategic and tactical options and can advise your clients on the pros and cons of each
- You manage your clients’ expectation
- You meet a myriad of legal requirements
- The agreements you prepare achieve your clients’ purposes and are enforceable
- Risa Awerbuck, Torkin Manes LLP
- Aaron Franks, Epstein Cole LLP
- Andrew Freedman, CPA, CA•IFA, CBV, ASA, Managing Director, Dispute Consulting, Duff & Phelps Canada Limited
- Elizabeth A. Hyde, B.Ed., LL.B., LL.M., Acc. FM Associate, Riverdale Mediation
- Robert A. Klotz, Klotz Associates
- Paul E. McInnis, McInnis & Nicoll
- Judith M. Nicoll, McInnis & Nicoll
- Gerald P. Sadvari, Grant & Sadvari
- Bryan R.G. Smith, Lerners LLP
- Lorne H. Wolfson, Torkin Manes LLP
Please note that the group discount is only available when paying for members of the same organization, at the same time, and payment is made with one invoice.
Webcast Fee per Delegate
2-3 delegates: 25% off program fee
4-10 delegates: 30% off program fee
11+ delegates: 35% off program fee
Boardroom rates available.
The video stream, including link to program materials will be sent to you via email as soon as payment is successfully processed.
All sales are final. Please make all enquiries related to program content and CPD/MCLE credit hours prior to purchase.
In the event you experience technical difficulties, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.