An allegation of sexual assault raises unique challenges for lawyers, judges and investigators. In recent years, the justice system’s handling of these cases has come under sustained scrutiny. Positive outcomes in sexual offence cases are contingent on good education and best practices.
Join a top tier, multi-disciplinary faculty and learn about the most recent developments in law, science and practice and how these impact on the prosecution and defense of sexual offences.
- Conducting trauma informed investigations and prosecutions; understanding how sexual assault impacts a victim’s behaviour and memory ; questioning the science of trauma and its effect on witness reliability and memory
- Crown vs defence discussion concerning the admissibility of expert evidence about the effects of trauma on a complainant including a mock voir dire
- Cross-examination of the complainant; law, ethics and strategy
- Unique evidence admissibility issues in sexual assault trials, including issues relating to capacity to consent
- Top five new cases in sexual assault law
- Bill C-51: proposed changes to the law
- Jill Witkin, Counsel, Crown Law Office- Criminal, Ministry of the Attorney General (Ontario), Chair, Sexual Violence Advisory Group Education and Training Crown
- Frank Addario, Addario Law Group LLP
- Lori Haskell, Ph.D, Clinical Psychologist, Private Practice, Assistant Professor, Department of Psychiatry, University of Toronto
- Meaghan Cunningham, Regional Sexual Violence Crown, East Region
Criminal Law Division, Ministry of the Attorney General (Ontario)
- Teresa Donnelly, West Region Sexual Violence Crown, Sexual Violence Advisory Group, Ministry of the Attorney General (Ontario)
- Lisa Dufraimont, Associate Professor, Osgoode Hall Law School, York University
- Nathan Gorham, Rusonik, O’Connor, Robbins, Ross, Gorham & Angelini LLP
- Jamie Klukach, Counsel, Crown Law Office-Criminal, Ministry of the Attorney General (Ontario)
- Mabel Lai, Counsel, Crown Law Office- Criminal, Ministry of the Attorney General (Ontario)
- Daryl J. Mayers Ph.D., Toxicology Section, Centre of Forensic Sciences
- The Honourable Justice Shaun Nakatsuru, Ontario Superior Court of Justice
- The Honourable Justice David Paciocco, Court of Appeal of Ontario
- The Honourable Justice Renee Pomerance, Ontario Superior Court of Justice
- Danielle Robitaille, Henein Hutchison LLP
- Samara Secter, Addario Law Group LLP
- Jonathan A. Shime, Cooper, Sandler, Shime & Bergman LLP, Barristers & Solicitors
Please note that the group discount is only available when paying for members of the same organization, at the same time, and payment is made with one invoice.
Webcast Fee per Delegate
2-3 delegates: 25% off program fee
4-10 delegates: 30% off program fee
11+ delegates: 35% off program fee
Boardroom rates available.
The video stream will be sent to you via email as soon as payment is successfully processed.
The video stream, including link to program materials will be sent to you via email as soon as payment is successfully processed.
All sales are final. Please make all enquiries related to program content and CPD/MCLE credit hours prior to purchase.
Have a question? Read our FAQs.
In the event you experience technical difficulties, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.