Developed as part of a unique partnership, this joint ADRIO/FDRIO/OsgoodePD program will provide a forum for discussion focusing on broadening the skills of those currently working in med-arb and provide a wealth of information for those contemplating a career in med-arb or those who simply work in dispute resolution and need a grounding of the concepts.
As a new and developing method of dispute resolution, Mediation-Arbitration is likely to play an expanded role in our justice system, requiring a special skill set and raising unique challenges for all those involved.
This full day program will ensure that:
- You know the legal boundaries of med-arb practice including the value of med-arb agreements and potential liabilities for med-arb practitioners
- You are fully aware of the ethical issues at play in med-arb and have the skills to face them transparently and thoughtfully
- You have a solid understanding of your role as an effective advocate from preparation to problem-solving to documenting the settlement and beyond
- Have an understanding of the future of med-arb including the real and perceived barriers to its future use
- You’ll walk away with a cleared understanding of the practical/practice development issues you will face
- Richard W. Shields, LLB, MA, LLM, PhD., Family Dispute Resolution
- Michael Erdle, Practical Resolutions Inc.
- The Hon. Warren K. Winkler, OC, O.Ont., QC, Former Chief Justice of Ontario, Mediator & Arbitrator, Honorary Fellow and Lifetime Achievement Award, International Academy of Mediators
- Stephen Morrison, LLB, C.Arb, C.Med, FCIArb, Mediator & Arbitrator, Stephen Richard Morrison ADR Inc.
- Colm Brannigan, Chartered Mediator, Chartered Arbitrator
- Philip M. Epstein, QC, Epstein Cole LLP
- Lisa Feld, Mediator
- Dr. Barbara Jo Fidler, PhD, CPsych, AccFM, Registered Psychologist, Family Solutions
- Cheryl Goldhart, Goldhart & Associates
- Carol Hickman, QC, BA, LLB, LLM, Accredited Mediator, Arbitrator and Parenting Coordinator, Quay Law Centre and West Coast ADR
- Ian M. Hull, Hull & Hull LLP
- Safina Lakhani, Crawley MacKewn Brush LLP
- David McCutcheon, C. Arb., Dentons Canada LLP
- Elaine Newman, BA, LLB, LLM, Mediator and Arbitrator
- Richard W. Shields, C. Arb., C. Med. Cert. F.Arb., Cert. F. Med, Lawyer Mediator Arbitrator Trainer
- Brahm D. Siegel, Nathens, Siegel LLP
- Dr. Martha Simmons, JD, LLM, Ph.D., Winkler Professor of Dispute Resolution, Osgoode Hall Law School, York University
- Alexa Sulzenko, Filion Wakely Thorup Angeletti LLP
- Lorne H. Wolfson, Torkin Manes LLP
Please note that the group discount is only available when paying for members of the same organization, at the same time, and payment is made with one invoice.
Webcast Fee per Delegate
2-3 delegates: 25% off program fee
4-10 delegates: 30% off program fee
11+ delegates: 35% off program fee
Boardroom rates available.
The video stream, including link to program materials will be sent to you via email as soon as payment is successfully processed.
All sales are final. Please make all enquiries related to program content and CPD/MCLE credit hours prior to purchase.
Have a question? Read our FAQs.
In the event you experience technical difficulties, please contact email@example.com for assistance.