The latest version of this acclaimed annual program will guide you through the latest developments – and help you over the gravest pitfalls – in civil litigation involving public authorities.
The program that provides annual ‘one-stop shopping’ for significant developments in civil suits involving the Federal or Provincial Crown. Including:
- What the Supreme Court’s decision in Daniels v. Canada means for Crown litigators
- Significant new class action decisions (including Endean) with implications for public litigation
- Challenges in documentary discovery against the Crown
- The Crown’s duty of good faith post-Bhasin: how high is high enough?
- Strategic choices in appointing an amicus
- Resolving ethical/professional conundrums in Crown litigation
- Joseph K. Cheng, Counsel, Business, Regulatory and Extradition Law Division, Department of Justice (Canada) (Ontario Regional Office)
- Andrew Lokan, Paliare Roland Rosenberg Rothstein LLP
- Tom D. McKinlay, Counsel, Legal Services Division, Ministry of the Attorney General (Ontario)
- Robin K. Basu, General Counsel, Constitutional Law Branch, Ministry of the Attorney General (Ontario)
Chantelle A. Blom, Counsel, Crown Law Office—Civil Ministry of the Attorney General (Ontario)
- Prof. Erika Chamberlain, Western Law, Western University
- Shantona Chaudhury, Pape Barristers Professional Corporation
- Falguni Debnath, Counsel, Government Law Services—Extraditions, Justice Canada
- Prof. Bruce Feldthusen, Faculty of Law (Common Law), University of Ottawa
- Geoff R. Hall, McCarthy Tétrault LLP
- Kathryn A. Hucal, Senior Counsel, Public Safety & Defence Division, Justice Canada
- Anil K.S. Kapoor, Kapoor Barristers
- Sarah T. Kraicer, Counsel, Constitutional Law Branch, Ministry of the Attorney General (Ontario)
- Heather Mackay, Counsel, Crown Law Office—Civil, Ministry of the Attorney General (Ontario)
- Jason Madden, Pape Salter Teillet LLP
- Sunil Mathai, Counsel, Crown Law Office—Civil, Ministry of the Attorney General (Ontario)
- Christine Mohr, Senior General Counsel, Justice Canada (Ontario Regional Office)
- Michael H. Morris, Senior General Counsel, Public Safety & Defence, Justice Canada
- Paul Sheridan, Counsel, Crown Law Office—Civil, Ministry of the Attorney General (Ontario)
- Philip Tunley, Stockwoods LLP
- Raivo Uukkivi, Cassels Brock & Blackwell LLP
- Paul B. Vickery, Barrister & Solicitor, [formerly] Senior General Counsel, Civil Litigation Branch, Justice Canada
- Christopher Wayland, Counsel, Crown Law Office—Civil, Ministry of the Attorney General (Ontario)
Please note that the group discount is only available when paying for members of the same organization, at the same time, and payment is made with one invoice.
Webcast Fee per Delegate
2-3 delegates: 25% off program fee
4-10 delegates: 30% off program fee
11+ delegates: 35% off program fee
Boardroom rates available.
The video stream, including link to program materials will be sent to you via email as soon as payment is successfully processed.
All sales are final. Please make all enquiries related to program content and CPD/MCLE credit hours prior to purchase.
Have a question? Read our FAQs.
In the event you experience technical difficulties, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.