Ensure you are equipped with the latest law and insights from leaders in the administrative law field! This celebrated annual program provides you with the best current thinking from government, the private bar and academia, on current developments in tribunals and in the courts, and their practical implications.
Topics will reflect developments as at November 2016 and will include:
- Overview of the most significant decisions since December 2015
- Regulatory dynamics of marijuana legalization: what will be subject to administrative challenge?
- Administrative law and the dying: regulatory issues including rules for health professionals and hospitals following on federal legislation
- Federal Court Jurisdiction after Canadian Transit Co. v. Windsor: interjurisdictional immunity and jurisdiction over local matters
- The Syrian refugee crisis and the residential schools claims process: ethical and professional challenges for lawyers
- New approaches to electoral law, including campaign finance rules
- Regulation and the sharing economy (Uber, AirBnB, etc.): challenges for municipal regulation
- How is Canadian administrative law responding to rapid demographic change, in such areas as hidden adjudicator bias and regulation of boardroom diversity?
- Trinity Western redux: the latest developments
- Canadian lawyers and adjudicators participating in global regulatory and adjudicative processes (World Anti-Doping Agency, sports tribunals, NAFTA, etc.)
- The latest on the standard of review and about new dilemmas of ‘fairness’
- Lorne Sossin, Dean, Osgoode Hall Law School
- Brendan van Niejenhuis, Stockwoods LLP
- Sean Gaudet, Senior Counsel, Public Law Section, Justice Canada
- Ranjan K. Agarwal, Bennett Jones LLP
- Jonathan Batty, Director, Compliance and General Counsel, Elections Ontario
- Mary Ellen Bench, City Solicitor, Legal Services Division, City of Mississauga
- Benjamin L. Berger, Associate Dean (Students) and Associate Professor, Osgoode Hall Law School
- Yasmin Dawood, Associate Professor of Law and Political Science, Faculty of Law, University of Toronto
- Diana W. Dimmer, Director, Litigation, City of Toronto Legal Services, City of Toronto
- Rebecca C. Durcan, Steinecke Maciura LeBlanc
- Joan M. Gilmour, Professor, Osgoode Hall Law School
- Kate Glover, Assistant Professor, Faculty of Law, Western University
- Andrew Green, Associate Professor, Faculty of Law, University of Toronto
- Omar Ha-Redeye, Fleet Street Law
- Shelby Askin Hager, City Solicitor, Corporation of the City of Windsor
- Nader Hasan, Stockwoods LLP
- John B. Laskin, Torys LLP
- Trudo Lemmens, Professor, Scholl Chair in Health Law and Policy, Faculty of Law, University of Toronto
- Janet E. Minor, Barrister and Solicitor
- Michael H. Morris, Senior General Counsel, Public Law Section, Justice Canada
- Sandra Nishikawa, Counsel, Crown Law Office – Civil Law, Ministry of the Attorney General (ON)
- Luisa J. Ritacca, Stockwoods LLP
- Craig M. Scott, Professor, Osgoode Hall Law School
- Aron Solomon, Innovation Lead, LegalX and Senior Advisor (Education Technology), MaRS Discovery District
- The Hon. Justice David W. Stratas, Federal Court of Appeal
- Lorne A. Waldman, Waldman & Associates
- Grant Wedge, Executive Director, Policy, Equity and Public Affairs, The Law Society of Upper Canada
- Vicki A. White, Co-Director, Legal Department, The College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario
- Alan N. Young, Associate Professor, Osgoode Hall Law School
Please note that the group discount is only available when paying for members of the same organization, at the same time, and payment is made with one invoice.
Webcast Fee per Delegate
2-3 delegates: 25% off program fee
4-10 delegates: 30% off program fee
11+ delegates: 35% off program fee
Boardroom rates available.
The video stream, including link to program materials will be sent to you via email as soon as payment is successfully processed.
All sales are final. Please make all enquiries related to program content and CPD/MCLE credit hours prior to purchase.
In the event you experience technical difficulties, please contact email@example.com for assistance.