Online NCA Exam Prep Bridging Program for
Internationally Trained Lawyers
New to Canada within the last ten years and living in Ontario?
Join our Online NCA Prep Course Bridging Program for Internationally Trained Lawyers. Ontario Bridging Participant Assistance Program funding may be available for qualified participants.
Why take this online bridging program?
Osgoode’s Online bridging program helps you navigate the process of accreditation and licensing by providing you with:
- A roadmap to licensure including information, timelines, and career-related resources to help you through the licensing exams and articling or LPP process
- An exam preparation and writing module that helps you with study and prep tips and key strategies for answering typical types of exam questions
- An NCA alumni network including discussion forums and contact information for previous participants who’ve successfully completed NCA exams, so you can leverage their experience to help you succeed
You’ll get all the features above when you choose to take any or all of the following online courses that correspond to the NCA’s five mandatory subjects:
- Foundations of Canadian Law
- Canadian Constitutional Law
- Canadian Administrative Law
- Canadian Criminal Law
- Professional Responsibility
After successfully completing your NCA exams, become part of our alumni network and benefit from continuing resources as you work through your licensing process and begin your practice.
- Prepare from anywhere – all you need is internet access and a desktop, laptop, or mobile device
- Get unlimited access until your exam sitting – review as many times as you need
- Learn from expert instructors whose lectures have been scripted with helpful multimedia features including video transcripts, downloadable resources and more
- Ask questions and participate in discussions with instructors and fellow NCA candidates
- Complete self-test questions, sample questions, answers with commentary
- Submit a full written exam answer (fact pattern or essay) and receive detailed instructor feedback
Bridging Program Eligibility
The MCI‐funded NCA online prep course bridging program is open to internationally trained lawyers or law graduates.
To meet eligibility requirements, participants must:
- be Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or Convention refugees
- have been living in Canada no longer than ten years and currently residing in Ontario
- have a law degree from outside Canada and have received an assessment report from the National Committee on Accreditation detailing their subject‐matter competency requirements
- have a good command of the English language as proven by achieving CLB Benchmark 8 (or equivalent) in all areas in Speaking, Listening, Writing and Reading within the past two years
Proof of Eligibility
After initial registration, participants requesting access to the bridging program will be asked to enter the following information in our online learning management system:
- When did you arrive in Canada? (must be within last 10 years)
- What is your Ontario residence address?
- Where did you go to law school? – country, name of institution, year graduated
- Is English your first language? Yes/No
- If no: Upload copy of language proficiency test score (must be dated in last two years)
- Copy of immigration status document showing you are a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or Convention refugee (passport, permanent resident card, etc.)
- Current Resume
- Copy of NCA Assessment Report
Not eligible? Discover our regular Online NCA Exam Prep Program.
$475 plus HST per single courses
$2200 plus HST for the bundle of all five courses
Ontario Bridging Participant Assistance Program funding may be available for qualified participants.
> Learn more