The fees for the LLM in International Business Law for the 2014/2015 year is set out below (a $15 registration fee per term also applies). The tuition is due in full prior to enrollment in classes. Note: fees are subject to change without notice.

Total Program Fee Including Supplementary Fees
Fee for Domestic Students
Fee for International Students

Tuition and fees are subject to approval by York's Board of Governors in accordance with the fees guidelines set by the Ministry of Colleges, Training and Universities and are subject to change. The amount above is the current estimated cost for the programs commencing in 2014.

Textbooks and course materials are included in your tuition, and do not have to be purchased separately.

Mandatory Health Insurance
All students who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents are required to purchase UHIP (University Health Insurance Plan) which will cost approximately
$700 - $900 CAD per year. Complete details can be found on the York International UHIP site.

Full-time graduate students are also billed for the York University Graduate Students' Association (YUGSA) health plan. The plan is compulsory for all full-time students without comparable coverage for drugs AND dental and is optional for those registered part-time. Students also have the ability to opt-in spouses (including common-law and same sex partners) and children. Those students with equivalent or greater coverage with another plan can opt-out. Please see below for instructions on how to either opt-out or opt-in to the plan. The cost of the plan is $375 for a single person, and an additional $375 to add one dependant. The cost to add 2 or more dependants is $510, on top of the single cost. The GSA Health Plan Fee is not included in your tuition. In early October it appears as a separate line item on your student account. Visit the YUGSA website for further details.



Osgoode Professional Development Entrance Scholarships

Entrance scholarships are awarded to students who demonstrate the strongest academic ability as indicated by their application materials. The maximum amount awarded is $5,000.  All individuals who apply by February 28 of the year in which they intend to start the program and meet the criteria are eligible for these scholarships and will automatically be considered for an entrance scholarship.

Graduate Studies Scholarships

Various forms of financial assistance are available to graduate students. York University and external agencies offer numerous fellowships, assistantships, scholarships, awards, prizes, and grants.

* Note, however, that scholarships and bursaries for international students are limited so you should be prepared to support yourself throughout your studies at York University.

Available graduate scholarship awards are listed on the Faculty of Graduate Studies website. The office responsible for coordinating financial matters for Graduate Studies is the Administrative Office, Faculty of Graduate Studies, 283 York Lanes.

External scholarships and other funding

To ensure you are maximizing your funding for your studies, we recommend you look at options in your home country, research scholarships provided by private organizations or companies, and visit the following resources:

York International also has a section on its website which outlines useful information on how to look for external funding.

Work Permits

The Off-Campus Work Permit (OCWP) Program for International Students is an initiative that allows eligible international students to work off-campus during their studies. Previously, international students were only allowed to work on-campus unless they received a work permit to do an internship or co-op program that was a part of their degree.

With this program, students who are in full time studies and meet the eligibility criteria (see criteria below) may work off-campus for up to twenty (20) hours per week during the school year and up to forty (40) hours per week during breaks and holidays (i.e. Winter Holidays, Reading Week and Summer Break).

For more details, visit York International's Off-Campus Work Permit Guide webpage.

Visit the Ministry of Citizenship and Immigration at the provincial level, or Citizenship and Immigration Canada at the federal level for more information about working in Canada and Ontario.