Don’t want to commit to a degree right now? Consider taking up to 12 credits as a non-degree student through Single Course Enrollment (SCE). Choosing to complete LLM courses through Single course Enrolment allows you the flexibility of applying your credits to a future LLM degree.
Program Starts & Deadlines:
Program Start: Summer 2018
Applications Due: March 1, 2018
Current Offerings> Summer 2018 Course Schedule
If you’re interested in courses listed in the Course Schedule above, please submit a Single Course Enrollment (SCE) Application form.
|CV||LLB Transcript||Current NCA Assessment||Year of Call||Proof of Language Proficiency|
|Pursuing your NCA Accreditation||Required||Required*||Required**||n/a||Required – see Language Proficiency table below|
|Currently licensed to practice law in Canada||n/a||Required|
*LLB/JD Transcript copy required: Applicants must include degree certificate if the transcript does not confirm the degree has been conferred.
**NCA assessment must have a date in the future (not expired).
If your first language is not English, you must supply proof of language proficiency as set out in the table below. You may be exempted from this requirement if you have completed at least two years of full-time study at an accredited university in a country (or institution) where English is the only official language of instruction.
Language Proficiency Tests & Minimum Scores
|Test Type||Test Score||Website|
|Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) – Paper Based||625 (with minimum of 5 on TWE)||TOEFL Websitefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|TOEFL – Computer Based||263||TOEFL Websiteemail@example.com|
|TOEFL – iBT (Internet Based)||102-109||TOEFL Websitefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|IELTS||7.5 overall and 7.0 in reading and writing||IELTS email@example.com|
|YELT – York English Language Test||Band 1||YELT firstname.lastname@example.org|
|YUELI – York University English Language Institute||Level 9 with Distinction||YUELI email@example.com|
SCE Application Notes:
- A JD/LLB is required for entry as an SCE student.
- Students can take a lifetime maximum of 12 credits as a non-degree student.
- SCE admission is based on space availability within the LLM courses.
- If you make a mistake on your application or need to make changes – don’t worry. Go online and resubmit your application. We will only review your most recent application.
- OsgoodePD will not review applications until after the application deadline. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that they have submitted all required documents. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Decisions will be sent to all applicants via e-mail within 2-3 weeks of the deadline.