Don’t want to commit to a degree right now? Consider taking up to 12 credits as a non-degree student through Single Course Enrollment (SCE). Choosing to complete LLM courses through Single course Enrolment allows you the flexibility of applying your credits to a future LLM degree.
Program Starts & Deadlines:
Program Start: Fall 2018
Applications Due: June 24, 2018
Program Start: Winter 2019
Applications Due: TBA
Current Offerings> Fall 2018 Course Schedule
Application Process> Application Requirements > How to Apply
|CV||LLB Transcript||Current NCA Assessment||Year of Call||Proof of Language Proficiency|
|Pursuing your NCA Accreditation||Required||Required*||Required**||n/a||Required – see Language Proficiency table below|
|Currently licensed to practice law in Canada||n/a||Required|
*LLB/JD Transcript copy required: Applicants must include degree certificate if the transcript does not confirm the degree has been conferred.
**NCA assessment must have a date in the future (not expired).
If your first language is not English, you must supply proof of language proficiency as set out in the table below. You may be exempted from this requirement if you have completed at least one year of full-time study at an accredited university in a country (or institution) where English is the only official language of instruction at the university level, not only at the program level.
Language Proficiency Tests & Minimum Scores
|Test Type||Test Score||Website|
|Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) – Paper Based||625 (with minimum of 5 on TWE)||TOEFL Websitefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|TOEFL – Computer Based||263||TOEFL Websiteemail@example.com|
|TOEFL – iBT (Internet Based)||102-109||TOEFL Websitefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|IELTS||7.5 overall and 7.0 in reading and writing||IELTS email@example.com|
|YELT – York English Language Test||Band 1||YELT firstname.lastname@example.org|
|YUELI – York University English Language Institute||Level 9 with Distinction||YUELI email@example.com|
|CAEL – Canadian Academic English Language Assessment||Overall score of 70 with no component less than 60||CAEL Websitefirstname.lastname@example.org|
How to Apply
Apply for your OsgoodePD Single Course Enrollment in 3 steps.
Below you’ll find information on applying to Single Course Enrollment through the York University application portal. We encourage applicants to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Step 1: Complete and Submit your Online Application Form
Submit your application form using York University’s Graduate Studies Application Form. A non-refundable application fee of $100CAD is required, payable by Visa or MasterCard.
'Goal of Study'
On the ‘Goal of Study’ section, select:
- The term currently open for application
- Part Time Studies
- “I wish to enroll as a visiting student.”
- Under the Degree Selection list, a pop-up box will appear. Enter ‘LAW’ in the Search all Columns box on the top right corner and select it.
Step 2: Wait for Application Confirmation from York University
Two to three days after you’ve submitted your online application York University will send you an automated email message providing you your 9-digit York University Student Identification Number and access to your MyFile profile. (See details below regarding MyFile.)
Step 3: Complete your Supplementary Form
Once you have your 9-digit Student number, complete the Supplementary form via the link below. You will be required to provide the application documents within the supplementary form.
SCE Application Notes:
- A JD/LLB is required for entry as an SCE student.
- Students can take a lifetime maximum of 12 credits as a non-degree student.
- SCE admission is based on space availability within the LLM courses after LLM students are registered in courses.
- If you make a mistake on your supplementary form or need to make changes, you may submit the supplementary form again. You need to email email@example.com to inform us of the changes you have made so we can update your file. If we do not receive an email from you then these changes will not be made to your profile.
- Myfile will ONLY be used to accept/decline the offer for those admitted successfully to SCE.
- OsgoodePD will not review applications until after the application deadline. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that they have submitted all required documents. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Decisions will be sent to all applicants via e-mail within 2-3 weeks of the deadline.