Osgoode's NCA Exam Prep Course offers instruction in the following subjects:
- Foundations of Canadian Law
- Canadian Constitutional Law
- Canadian Administrative Law
- Canadian Criminal Law
Students who take the whole program will get approximately 80 in-class hours of face-to-face teaching based on the NCA syllabi, exam preparation using NCA sample exams, and review and coaching from an expert faculty including academics, judges and leading practitioners. Students will also benefit from connecting with peers who are going through the qualification process.
Note that the course fee includes access to the archived course webcast for an additional review period in advance of the August 2012 Challenge Exams.
Most students who take the course pass their exams on the first writing. If a student does not pass, he/she can attend the NCA Exam Prep Course again free of charge.
- This course is designed for students who have been granted permission by the NCA to write the NCA Exams and already have an understanding of common law.
- The instruction is an overview and review of the syllabi only; instructors will not be teaching the entire NCA syllabi.
- The instructors will assume that students have prepared by reading the NCA syllabi and materials. This course is not a substitute for reading the required materials.
For those students whose first language is not English and who have not completed a law degree in the English language, an English proficiency test with a result of 95 iBT or 7.0 IELTS at a minimum is required.
Osgoode Professional Development’s NCA Exam Prep Course is a voluntary program. It is not required by the NCA or provincial law societies.
OPD Program Lawyer, International Programs